Minutes from October Board of Directors Meeting, October 26, 2021, 9:30AM
Approved and posted to the Marina website the September Monthly Board Meeting held on September 28, 2021.
2022 Board of Directors
- Reviewed the Board of Director positions for the 2022 boating season
- Accepted the termination notice of Hank Larsen as Board of Director for the reason of selling his slip.
- Appointed Peter Hekl as Board of Director for the position of At-Large for the 2022 season
- Reviewed duties and responsibilities for new Board member
- Reviewed projected Board elections by year
- 2022 – we will have 2ea positions available
- 2023 – we will have 1ea position available
- 2024 – we will have 2ea positions available
- Due outs with position change;
- Alarm system name change-out and codes
- Security camera iPhone set-up
- Board of Directors binder turn-over
- Office key
- Email accounts and Constant Contact point of contact
- Reviewed the 2021 Marina Budget and Monthly spend plan; all on-track
- Approved the 2022 Marina Budget
- Reviewed slip transactions from the previous month
- New email/letter packet
Marina Maintenance Work
- Marina fire extinguisher inspection; Marina Docks and Office Bldg
- County Landfill with trash items in the garage area
- New and Ongoing
- Dock and office building winterization plan; November 8-12
- Replace green and red channel buoys with winter buoys; change-out November 9
- Cut down and replaced wooden dock poles holding fire-water hook-ups; ongoing.
- Replaced Dock pedestal photocells; ongoing.
- Repaired and filled dock holes with cement compound; ongoing.
- Deferred; Repair dock under-bracing between G and H dock and H-dock.
- Appointed 2022 Marina Board of Directors and posted in Marina and website.
- Constant Contact list with new Slip Owners and Renter’s emails (continual)
- Updated Marina Website; refresh website
- Monthly Board minutes; ongoing
- Slips for Rent and Sale; ongoing
- 2022 Events
- Governing Documents with Declaration Amendments on website; ongoing
- Reviewed the 2021 Slip Owner and Slip Renter numbers
- 250 Slips. 144 x Owners; 106 x Renters; 42% Renters
- Reviewed the 2021 Marina close-out procedures;
- Winterization, week of November 8-12 dock water shut-off
- 2022 Marina Budget
- Annual assessment mailings w/annual letter and draft budget; complete mailings following the November Board meeting; mail December 1st
- Reviewed new Marina database software plan to replace existing Excel database
- Annual fee
- Generated reports
- Reviewed Marina Monthly activity task list for November and December
- Constant Contact emails to send;
- Water shut-off and procedures on docks
- Annual dues/assessment reminder
- Review Marina Dredging Permitting process with DNREC and USACE
- Previous Marina dredging conducted December 1-31, 2017, $100K
- Review Marina Replacement proposals
- Review potential Capital Improvement Loan Information
- Review potential State/Federal Marina Grants
Next Monthly Board Meeting: Tuesday, November 30, 2021, 9:00 (Marina Office) followed by Annual Dues mailings