Minutes from September Board of Directors Meeting, September 28, 2021, 10:00AM
Approved and posted to the Marina website the Minutes from the August Monthly Board Meeting held on August 31, 2021.
2022 Board of Directors
- Reviewed interim Board of Director position for the 2022 boating season
- At-large position
- Reviewed duties and responsibilities
- Reviewed the projected Board elections in out-years
- 2022 – we will have 2 ea. positions available
- 2023 – we will have 1 ea. position available
- 2024 – we will have 2 ea. positions available
- Reviewed due outs with position changes;
- Alarm system name change-out and codes
- Security camera iPhone set-up
- Board of Directors binder hand-off
- Office key
- Email account point of contact
- Constant Contact listings
- Reviewed the 2021 Marina Budget and Monthly spend plan – all on-track
- Formulated the 2022 Marina Budget
- Reviewed slip transactions from previous month
- New email/letter packet for new slip owners
- Reviewed creating risk free account for Marina Capital funds with Edward Jones
Marina Maintenance Work
- Reviewed Completed Work in Marina
- Repaired water to Docks; well transfer switch
- Replaced Ladies Restroom door combination lock
- Repaired electric to pedestal H-12; no power.
- Replaced all parking lot light globe light bulbs; one that is out requires electrician
- New and Ongoing
Reviewed the Marina fire extinguisher inspection; set-up for October. Marina Docks and Office Bldg.
- Set up date to go to County Landfill with trash items in the garage area.
- Reviewed the Dock winterization Plan; November 8-12 timeframe weather dependent.
- Cut down and replaced wooden dock poles holding fire-water hook-ups; ongoing.
- Replaced Dock pedestal photocells; ongoing.
- Repaired and filled dock holes with cement compound; ongoing.
- Deferred; Repair dock under-bracing between G and H dock and H-dock.
- Appointed 2022 Marina Board of Directors per Annual vote in May.
- Completed 100% audit of Slip Owner folders and database
- Slip Owner/Slip Renter Information Sheets
- $300K Insurance policies
- Boat Registration cards
- Lease Agreement Packets
- Updated Constant Contact list with new Slip Owners and Renter’s emails
- Updated Marina Website; refresh website
- Slips for Rent and Sale
- 2022 Events
- Governing Documents with Declaration Amendments on website; ongoing
- Review 2021 Marina close-out
- Winterization Plan
- 2022 Budget
- Annual assessment mailings w/annual letter and draft budget
- Assessed new Marina database software to replaced existing Excel database
- Annual fee
- Generated reports
- Reviewed Marina Monthly activity task list for October, November, December
- Constant Contact emails to send;
- Water shut-off
- 2022 Slip Owner reminders; assessment, lease, etc.
- Review Marina Dredging Permitting process with DNREC and USACE
- Previous Marina dredging conducted December 1-31, 2017, $100K
- Review Marina Replacement proposals
- Review potential Capital Improvement Loan Information
- Review potential plan for State/Federal Marina Grants