Board members present: Brian Emery, Keith Moore, Gary Carpenter, Rafael Perez and Gary Taylor (via telephone).
Minutes of the previous Board meeting on October 7, 2014 have been posted on the marina web site (baycolonymarina.org).
Meeting was called to order by President Emery at 7:00 PM.
1. Summary of Account Balances: As of 11/09/14 – Checking – $18,677.70; Capital Reserve as of 10/31/14 – $323,880.45 – for a grand total of assets currently available = $342,558.15.
2. Expenses for the month of October were $9502.54. 3. The annual preparation of billing statements is underway. The dues letter has been prepared and the Dock Master has volunteered to do the printing and envelope stuffing. The bills will go in the mail no later than the first of December with dues payments due back to the Board by the end of the year. Included with the dues letter will be a note to owners seeking comments regarding a proposal received from a contractor to construct a wooden walkway over the rocks adjacent to the launch ramp bulkhead and a courtesy dock near the end of the ramp to facilitate launching and recovery of boats.
4. The 2015 budget was discussed. Keith Moore will prepare a draft budget for consideration at the December meeting.
1. Our contractor is wrapping up the annual work to repair rotten decking and under deck supports, pipe straps and electrical issues. A sufficient supply of wood to continue the deck repairs for at least another year has been purchased due to it being in short supply. A large amount of repair work was completed this year and the results are evident.
2. Pedestal lights on the docks will be turned off during winter months to conserve energy and prolong the bulb life.
3. The water will be turned off to the docks and the system will be winterized on November 18th. The Operations Building will be winterized in early December.
1. Sluice update: Brian reported that there has been no additional information from the state concerning the sluice repair. The contractor involved in this effort has been slow in providing his costs for the recommended fixes and the group studying this problem cannot proceed further without those estimates. Upon receipt of those figures the state and our representatives in state government will supposedly inform us of the degree to which they will participate in the repairs.
2. Life Cycle Study: Gary Taylor will begin the process of itemizing marina assets and components after the first of the year as the initial step in building the Life Cycle Study for eventual use in the marina’s budgeting efforts.
1. The relocation of one of our surveillance cameras has been accomplished with expected results.
2. Boat/trailer stickers for 2015 have been ordered from the printer.
3. A request from a prospective slip owner to use a portable boat lift in his slip was denied by the Board due to it being in conflict with portions of the Marina’s Condominium Declarations.
4. The Board has three old but still usable computers and one monitor that have been declared as excess and we will donate them to a worthy cause(s). Contact a Board member if you know of someone who could use them.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:30 P.M.
Next Board Meeting is scheduled for: 12/16/14 @ 7 PM.